Wednesday, May 09, 2012

My new Friend?

I'm off to get the Port-a-Cath put into my chest tomorrow.  I am apprehensive about the whole thing but it's something that has to be done.   I might as well make friends with it as from what I've been told it will be with me for a long time! 

It will be a long day for my husband with the early morning and all the travelling out of town.  I guess in a way I'm the lucky one as I'll probably be sleeping for most of it...I hope! :)  My children wanted to go too to be with me but there's really no need to as I'll be either in surgery or sleeping so I told them to stay home.  My daughter isn't happy about it but we'll see if she listens to me. LOL  I have to be there early but they said I should be able to leave around noon so I guess it only takes a few hours to do.

One step closer to being cancer free :)

I wish you all enough!

1 comment:

mamahasspoken said...

All my friends who have had cancer and had that port said the same thing and claimed to have a love/hate relationship with it. Great to have for many things, but still there all the time as a reminder.
Hope all went well for you while getting your new best friend.